Saturday, May 14, 2011

My little cottage in the roses



I thought I'd share a picture of my little cottage in the roses. Since my husband's illness there has been absolutely no money for landscaping. And when we bought our little cottage, the backyard consisted of a pool a small patch of lawn and a whole lot of weeds! I so wanted a pretty garden of my own, so I did a bit of research, and then volunteered to prune anyone's roses that would let me. I saved the pruned rose clippings and would bring them home and put them in the ground. With a little patience, my little rose collection quickly grew to over 400 bushes! (Yes, we still have the pool and we still have the weeds... ) This is truly near zero cost landscaping.

This little path eventually would like to be a brick or cobblestone I think...

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely garden !!!...Linda......lovely sunday.....xxx,....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, What a lovely blog you have. I too love roses and have several planted in my yard. Also it is wonderful to hear that you are saved by GRACE. I too am saved by GRACE. Praise the Lord. I have become one of your followers. I have too blogs and I invite you to come on over an visit and become a follower.

    My blogs are:
    nananovembersparlor.blogspot.com
    nananovemberskitchen.blogspot.com

    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete