Monday, July 12, 2010

Barbie's New Home Update

I thought I'd share a few more pictures of the dollhouse in process today. With summer activities, it's a little harder to find the time to work on the house, but I'm making progress... steady but slow :)


This is the living room ceiling. I had a better picture, but for some reason this morning my computer doesn't want to cooperate, so I'm not able to upload it. Hmm... maybe it's too early. Come to think of it, it very well could be that it's just too early for me and not the computer after all... ! :)



A "Hotpoint" range for Barbie, complete with a wire baking rack inside :).
I remember as a child we had an old Hotpoint electric range circa about 1926 or so. It didn't look like this. Ours had the tall cabriole legs. When my folks remodeled the very outdated kitchen, they moved the range out on the covered deck we had so that we could use it to play "house". A LOT of mud pies were cooked in that oven! When my folks sold the house 20 years later, they left the range. I wish that I'd been able to keep it. But I'm not sure what I would have done with it at college :). I've never run across another one quite like the one we had, although I see picture online of ones similar to ours.

I'll be putting the finishing touches on the little sink and refrigerator today. And then the downstairs level of the house should be completed. I have three rooms to complete on the top floor a few doors to hang and the exterior to finish up as well.

Blessedness,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment